ANURAAG SPECIAL SCHOOL FOR MENTALLY CHALLENGED:
The school was started in the year 1991 in a rental premises with five children. The following services are available in the school.
- Pre-vocational training
- Educational assessment and guidance for slow learners with specific learning disabilities.
- Psychological testing
- Behavioral modification
- Speech Therapy
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy center
- The Objective of these programs is to make these less fortunate individuals self-reliant get back to main stream society and become productive.
- Anuraag has made impressive progress in bringing a number of these less fortunate individuals back into society over the last several years With a dedicated and passionate Team of training staff, and with a Good facilities
ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
I. AGE LIMIT
- For academic Training: 5 to 14 Years
- For Pre-Vocational Training: 15 to 18 Years
- For Vocational Training : 19 to 25 Years
II. TEACHING & TRAINING CURRICULUM:
- The approach that we adopt in the school is technically known as “Result Oriented Management Training Programme”.
- A series of test and assessments are made on the child during the course of his training to keep update awareness of his changing needs.
We impart skill training in the following 18 domains:
1. Gross Motor Development
2. Fine Motor Development
7. Receptive Language
8. Expressive Language
9. Social Interaction
17. Recreation & Leisure time Activities and
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITES
A) Art: Tracing, filling in colors, Drawing, Painting, oil Painting, Plastic Modeling and clay modeling.
B) Music – Vocal & Instrumental, Dance.
C) Play therapy, sports & games
D) Gardening and farming.
E) Indoor & outdoor games and excursions.
F) Social Festivals, Children’s day, Republic day. Sports day, Parent’s day, Independence Day and school day. All India Day for Children with Intellectual Disability and World Day for the Disabled.
- Today we are providing special education for eighty children .We are having well Equipped Physiotherapy unit in the premises.
- About The Beneficiaries: click here
- About The staff: Click Here.