1. What services/programs are offered in the school?
Following programs are offered to the students in the school. Objective of these programs is to make these less fortunate individuals self-reliant get back to main stream society and become productive.
With a dedicated and passionate training staff, facilities, Anuraag has made impressive progress in bringing a number of these less fortunate individuals back into society over the last several years
- Counseling center
- Early Intervention Therapy services Pre-vocational training
- Educational assessment and guidance for slow learners with specific learning disabilities.
- Psychological testing
- Behavioral modification
- Speech Therapy
- Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy center
- Mobile Medical care center
- Out reach programs
2. What kinds of mental disabilities we address?
- Mental retardation
- Down syndrome
- combined with visual disabilities
- Cerebral Palsy
3. How the behavioral modification is brought in the mentally challenged children?
Instruction is given in 5 methods. Focus is on encouraging learning life skills and boosting their morale level.
- Personal: Teach how to do daily personal chores on their own
- Social: How to behave and mingle with others in the society, social etiquette etc
- Functional: Reading, Writing, Math and other functional education needed to survive in the life.
- Occupational: Depending on their Social and Financial affordability, give them occupational training to generate some income.
- Recreational: To create enthusiasm and to relax their minds, offer programs that include playing, singing, drawing, painting etc. The emphasis will be on encouraging and stimulating individual creativity.